Band Camp & Band Clinic Information
Band camp is an opportunity for the marching band to prepare for the upcoming fall season. It is mandatory for all Red Coat Regiment Comp Corps members. Auditions were already held in the spring for placement in the Comp Corps. If you are reading this, and you'll be attending Corona High, and you wish to be a part of the group, it may not be too late! Please e-mail Mr. Peterson, Band Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Band Camp is held at the Corona High Band Room and on the football field from Monday, July 23rd to Friday July 27th, 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. Please be on time. Please bring the following...
1. Your instrument including all necessary items such as reeds, neckstrap, valve oil, sticks, etc.
2. A lyre and flip folder. All wind players MUST come to camp with a lyre and flip folder. They are available for your instrument from the local music stores, or check here - https://www.musicarts.com/Lyres---Flip-Folders-Marching-Band-Accessories.mac
Or... go to the music store - Music and Arts (off Parkridge Ave in Corona). They can help you if you have questions. You can also Google other music stores in Corona, call them, and ask them if they have what you need BEFORE you go to the store.
3. Your show music, printed (scale it down on your printer), cut and placed into your flip folder. Show music is available through the Members Only link above. The password has been previously e-mailed. If you don't have the password, e-mail Mr. Peterson.
4. A pencil (or two!!)
5. A small 3x5 or 4x6 spiral notebook with a shoe lace or string through it so it can hang around your neck.
6. A hat
8. A jug of cold water
9. A lunch
10. Weather appropriate clothes (color guard wear clothes in which you can move easily).
11. Close toed tennis shoes and socks (NO flip flops or sandals).
12. A bag lunch and some snacks. Lunch is from 11:00-11:45 each day.
MEDICAL FORMS / PHYSICALS
In order to particpate in the fall marching band activities students will be required to complete medical forms. Additionaly, all members must complete a physical. Information will be handed out at camp for students to take home regarding these tasks.
Members are asked to provide a check in the amount of $200 to help offset costs for the year. Checks can be made out to Corona High Band Boosters. Parents can also click the DONATE tab at the top of this page to pay with a credit or debit card, rather than pay with a check or cash. Band fees may be collected before or after band camp each day. All fees must be submitted by the end of the first week of school. (Students who are unable to contribute financially will still be allowed to participate.)
Band clinics will run from July 30th until August 2nd from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Students should bring a snack and water. There will be breaks, but no official lunch. That is also the week for registration and orientation. You are to report to your orientation/registration area on the day and time you are assigned. If time allows, you should come to the clinic after registration/orientation. Band clinics are a chance for members to work in sectionals on music for football games, the show and any other needs. If you have other questions, please e-mail Mr. Peterson at email@example.com.
BAND PARENT MEETING
Information will be posted here as soon as possible regarding an information parent meeting for all Comp Corps parents. Check back soon.